tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Reynir Hübner <rey...@hugsmidjan.is>
Subject RE: no cache - the browser back button
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2002 17:14:56 GMT
the problem you are dealing with is the fact that the browser does not reload pages when you
press the back button.

the only solution after the following :

the user logs out (session.invalidate()).
the user presses back
if the user presses any link or submits any form on the page, the request must be Validated,
to see if the user is logged on, and display a logon page instead of executing some things
that the logged on user should only be able to execute.

you can decrese the possibility that the user goes backwards in history of the browser, by
deleting the history with client-side-javascript, but there is always the possibility that
the user will have this page in his history (different browsers.etc), so the only real way
to take care of this is what I mentioned above, check in every user-specific procedure, if
the user is logged on, and display an error page or logon page if the user is not.

hope it helps
-reynir@hugsmidjan.is