tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Reynir Hübner <rey...@hugsmidjan.is>
Subject RE: Help! I am so stuck. Tomcat NT credential
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 17:09:12 GMT
Hi,

It's possible to understand your question in two different ways, so I answer in two different
ways.

First answer :
  If you are running tomcat as a service you should be able to see which user it is that runs
it (from the services dialog). If you are not running it as service it is using the nt user
that starts it.

Second answer :
I dont know if there is any NT-authentication realm with tomcat, but still, it's always possible
to implement one, by implementing the interface   org.apache.catalina.realm.RealmBase. I guess
I would use JAAS to access the user-accounts in NT.
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/docs/guide/security/jaas/tutorials/index.html
If you are using ADSI-userbase (or Exchange 5.5 or newer) you might want to check out JNDI
access over LDAP to ADSI. In that context you might want to take a look at JNDIRealm.

I suggest you read http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/realm-howto.html

hope it helps
-reynir