tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Reynir Hübner <rey...@hugsmidjan.is>
Subject REPOST: 2 questions..requests...
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2002 10:00:53 GMT

hi,

I have 2 questions (not really related) :

1. How can I get the header "if-modified-since", from the request object, when I print out
the enumeration of getHeaderNames() it's not there.

2. I've been writing some scripts in java, mainly regluar-expression related stuff,downloading
webpages with HttpUrlConnection,  parsing some strings out of 'em, and so on.  I have been
playing around executing the whole thing in a jsp site. The execution of this jsp page can
take few minutes, depending on some parameters. For me it is very much ok, because I needed
to run this script onetime only. But what bothers me, is the fact, that when I run it, Internet
Explorer seems to reload the page, so it runs twice. I am wondering if this is a bug in tomcat
or Internet Explorer. In the end I moved all the script into a standalone application and
executed it ok ( did not run twice). So this is not a problem I will solve, but I wonder if
this is a known problem with tomcat-jsp execution, where does the time-gap lie, when does
it start to reload, is this somekind of a "ping" request from Internet Explorer that executes
the page again if it hasn't loaded with in some time or what is happening ?  if any one knows,
tell me. It does not happen with any other jsp page, and I actually saw the page "blink" or
"flash" when it got reloaded in IExpl.

I am using tomcat 4.0.3 standalone, without coyote. and then Internet explorer 6.

Thank you,
best regards,
-reynir