tomcat-users mailing list archives

From 中谷 智晴 <>
Subject starting tomcat from the service
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2002 10:38:20 GMT

My name is Chiharu Nakatani.  I have found your name and e-mail address from

I am trying to startup tomcat from the service and am facing some problems.

I can't start Tomcat after installing tomcat to the
service, using jk_nt_service.exe.

The error is "the service didn't report an error ->
net helpmsg 3534".

I can startup tomcat from hitting a startup.bat file, in
but never from the service.

This is the environment I have on my machine, that is Windows 2000 Server.
I have environmental variables on tomcat_home,
and java_home. Also, I have specified those
in the
# wrapper.java_home should point to your Java installation. Normally
# you should have a bin and lib directories beneath it.

What can be wrong?

Chiharu Nakatani

MTI Ltd. 4F Shinjuku Kokusai Bldg. Shinkan 6-6-3
NishiShinjuku, Shinjuku-ku Tokyo Japan,160-0023
TEL:+81-3-5325-6211 FAX:+81-3-5325-6223

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message