tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat & IIS - success
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2002 18:04:13 GMT

First, please save your comments regarding a particular software choice to
yourself...there can be any number of reasons why someone is using IIS,
including corporate restrictions, etc.  Suggesting that someone use one or
the other because one is "better" isn't really the point of this list.

Now, on to your questions.

No, apache and tomcat do not both go on port 80.  Apache goes on port 80,
tomcat goes anywhere else (default is 8080).  Before you jump into any sort
of apache-tomcat configuration, make sure that tomcat is accessible on 8080
(http://yourhost:8080/examples/).  Then make sure apache is accessible on
port 80.  If you have both working independently, then you can start to
worry about how to get them connected.  It will save you stress and grief
doing it this way.

If you're getting errors in your httpd.conf, fix those before continuing.
If you don't know how to fix them, and they're related to using tomcat, post
the errors here and the list will help you get them resolved.

You said "necessary files installed" but that doesn't tell us anything.
What files?  What connector did you choose?  What OS are you using?  Did you
build apache or tomcat or the connector from source or did you use the
binaries for your OS?  You'll get much quicker and more helpful responses by
providing more exact information.  You might also want to search the list
archives, there is a very good chance your question is already answered.

John Turner
jturner@NOSPAM.aas.com
http://www.aas.com