tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat looses session with IE5
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2002 16:46:38 GMT

IE5 is horribly, horribly broken.  Features that work in one minor revision
don't work in the next, then work again in the next minor version after
that.  Support IE5 if you have to, but I think there are almost a dozen
different versions out there (different fixes, different service packs,
etc).  The problem is most likely NOT tomcat or your application.  The best
solution is to update to the latest 5.01 you can find, or go to 5.5 or
higher.  Even that isn't a total fix, as some minor versions of 6.0 are
broken as well.

John Turner
jturner@NOSPAM.aas.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Prashanth Pushpagiri [mailto:prash_mail_lists@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2002 12:43 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Tomcat looses session with IE5

Hello all:

I successfully deployed my application using tomcat
4.0.2 a few weeks ago and tested it on virtually every
browser i could get hold of. It works!

Todaye I was informed that one of my colleagues has
problems with session maintenance. The browser is IE
5.0 and sessions are just not maintained. I check it
myself and this is what i found.

The user can login using a userid and pwd. He is shown
a welcome page as soon as he logged in. Session
variables are good. Now, as soon as he clicks on some
other link, he is asked to login again. I am not sure
what the problem is. I checked the browser settings
and cookies are enabled. Can someone throw some light
on what the problems could be and how to resolve them?

Thanks
Prashanth