tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <>
Subject RE: Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Driver for JDBC Errors
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 11:56:57 GMT

I'm using the driver straight from a servlet class without any problems.

I don't think your driverName parameter should have the complete URL string
in it...shouldn't it just be ""

I would also try putting the actual hostname in there (like "MYCOMPUTER")
instead of "localhost".  It shouldn't matter, but from what I can tell so
far, the driver is fairly picky.  Have you tried the driver against a
database on another machine, other than localhost?  Do you get the same

John Turner

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark A. Richman []
Sent: Saturday, June 22, 2002 10:08 AM
Subject: Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Driver for JDBC Errors

I am trying to use the JDBC driver with Apache Tomcat 4.0 (JDK 1.4).
Here is
my context configuration for the Datasource from server.xml:

<Context path="/admin" docBase="admin" debug="0" privileged="true">
     <Resource name="jdbc/DremiaDS" auth="SERVLET"
     <ResourceParams name="jdbc/DremiaDS">

When attempting to access the database, I get the following error:

Debug: SQL Exception:
Debug: State  : 28000
Debug: Message: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for
failed for user 'sa'.
Debug: Error  : 18456
Debug: State  : 08001
Debug: Message: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]An error
while attempting to log onto the database.
Debug: Error  : 0

I am running SQL Server 2000 SP2 with security set to "SQL Server and
Windows". This drivers seems to work fine from Forte CE as well.

Can someone lend a hand?

Mark A. Richman