tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: Book recommendation
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 21:02:44 GMT

I'm a big fan of the two O'Reilly books (and actually, all O'Reilly books,
it's been years since I bought a tech book from another publisher).

Java Servlet Programming, ISBN 0596000405, by Jason Hunter and William
Crawford.  Jason Hunter is one of tomcat's contributors and is a member of
the group responsible for Servlet API development.  Covers version 2.3 of
the API.

JavaServer Pages, ISBN 156592746X, by Hans Bergsten, a member of the Apache
Jakarta Project Management Committee.

Both cover enough of tomcat-specific issues for my needs, though neither
spends too much time on just tomcat.

John Turner
jturner@aas.com
http://www.aas.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Subir Sengupta [mailto:subir@walmart.com]
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2002 4:53 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Book recommendation

I would highly recommend 'More Servlets and Java Server Pages' by Marty
Hall, it covers Tomcat 4 and the new Servlet 2.3/JSP 1.2 specs.

The Professional Java Server Programming is good too.

The James Goodwill book is much too basic, you could learn as much by
reading the Tomcat docs on the Tomcat web site.

Hope that helps,
Subir