tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: Using JkMount with mod_jk question...
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 14:27:25 GMT

Sure, /*.jsp will send JSP files to tomcat.  But apache doesn't know that
index.jsp is a "home page" unless you tell it so in httpd.conf:

<Directory "/web/test/jsp">
  Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
  DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.jsp
</Directory>

John Turner
jturner@aas.com
http://www.aas.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean M Alderman [mailto:sean.m.alderman@grc.nasa.gov]
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2002 10:17 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Using JkMount with mod_jk question...

Thanks for the clarification John and Milt, I appreciate it.  I am kind
of curious though about the configuration of index.jsp on the apache
side of things....

If I use a JkMount /*.jsp ajp13 directive will any jsp file in the
Apache DocumentRoot be handled by Tomcat?  Or does this just mean that
any jsp file in $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps will be handled by tomcat?  I'm
assuming that JkMount / ajp13 means that / is relative to
$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps, but I've found that I actually have to specify the
subdirectories under $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps in order to have access to
them.

I guess my general confusion here is that it seems like the JkMount
directive allows one to "overlay" parts/pieces of the
$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps directory over top of the Apache DocumentRoot.
Kind of analogous to creating a directory structure on a filesystem
(e.g. /home) then mounting a new filesystem as /home and being able to
see files from both at the same time (of course that's not the way it
work). That's what it sounds like JkMount does.