tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: mod_jk /examples/* works but /servlet/* doesn't
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 14:24:24 GMT

Does your tomcat configuration (server.xml, web.xml) match your apache
configuration?  Does tomcat know about "/servlet" and what to do with it?
You have to configure both sides.  Tomcat has configuration entries for
"/examples" by default.

John Turner
jturner@aas.com
http://www.aas.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Avnish Pundir [mailto:apundir@cisco.com]
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2002 10:16 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: mod_jk /examples/* works but /servlet/* doesn't

Hi Everyone,
Recently I have connected apache with tomcat using mod_jk. In my httpd.conf
file I am giving this directive.
JkMount /examples/* ajp13

It works perfectly fine but problem is it forwards all requests to apache. I
want static requests to be handled by Apache.
As per documentation only these two directives should be sufficient
JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
JkMount /servlet/* ajp13

But with above config I am not able to get my servlets working. From mod_jk
logs (after changing log level to debug) I came to know these requests are
not being forwarded to tomcat and apache try to handle these requests itself
:(
I tried with this directive instead
JkMount /examples/servlet/* ajp13

And it's working perfectly. But with this everytime I add new context, I
have to add new directive for this context's servlet :(.  I don't want that.
Document says "JkMount /servlet/* ajp13"  should work but isn't working !!
Any idea why.
I have tried all combinations */servlet/*, *servlet/* but no use.
I am using apache 1.3.24, Tomcat 4.0.2, JDK 1.3, Windows 2000

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Avnish