tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: Urgent: JSP is not running on Internet!!!
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2002 20:48:27 GMT

This is an IIS configuration problem.  If it happens correctly with "ms1"
than tomcat is working correctly.  What is happening is that IIS, when faced
with a request to "xx.xx.xx.xx", doesn't know what to do with it, at least
as far as JSP are concerned.

Can you get normal (non-JSP) content from the webserver using "xx.xx.xx.xx"?
Does this machine have two network interfaces?  It sounds like it does.  Is
IIS setup to listen on all interfaces?

-----Original Message-----
From: Rong Li [mailto:rli@concerto.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 4:41 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Urgent: JSP is not running on Internet!!!

I don't think I am using virtual hosting feature, or am I? Anyway, here
is the more detailed info.

They are the same server. "xx.xx.xx.xx" is the public IP of that server.
The strange thing is that I can run the JSPs from any machine inside our
intranet by typing http://ms1/Chat/ChatRequest.jsp. (ms1 is the machine
name). If I change the url to http://xx.xx.xx.xx/Chat/ChatRequest.jsp, I
cannot execute the jsp page on any machine, not even on the local
machine ms1.
The source will always be fetched and shown on web browser.

Thanks,
Rong