tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: mod_jk and Mapping configuration error
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 19:13:29 GMT

1) I think trying it without the "/jsp" is worth a shot, from everything I
have read the JkMount directive is exactly what you need...the specific path
could just as easily be "/" as "/jsp", I don't think it matters.  The "/jsp"
in the example is for housekeeping, as far as I know, not a specific
requirement or limitation.

2) The directives in the example are valid within an apache VirtualHost
container, so I'm not sure what you mean about "doesn't address virtual
hosts".  Granted, it didn't specifically detail exact configuration of a
virtual hosts situation, but I thought that could be inferred from the use
of valid VirtualHost directives.

3) I believe that all you have to do to server.xml is this, for each virtual
host you want to support:

<Host name="some.domain.com" >
<Context path=""
 docBase="webapps/examples" />
<Context path="/examples"
 docBase="webapps/ROOT" />
</Host>

Like I said before, I haven't had a chance to set this up yet, so if anyone
sees anything wrong, please correct me.

John Turner
jturner@aas.com
http://www.aas.com