tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <>
Subject RE: mod_jk and Mapping configuration error
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 18:22:03 GMT

I haven't had a chance to try this yet, but a friend of mine sent this to me
late yesterday, it is apparently working for him and seems to be  "solid".
He's using apache 1.3.  No guarantees that it will work for you, but it
might be worth a shot. I'm going to try it out a little later today for
sure.  Apologies to Matthew B. for posting this. :)

** in httpd.conf **
#testing mod_jk!
<IfModule !mod_jk.c>
         LoadModule jk_module libexec/
AddModule mod_jk.c
JkWorkersFile "/usr/local/tomcat-4.0.3/conf/jk/"
JkLogFile "/usr/local/tomcat-4.0.3/logs/mod_jk.log"
## for testing, tune this down for production
JkLogLevel debug

Alias /jsp "/some/path/to/jsp"
<Directory "/some/path/to/jsp">
  Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
  DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.jsp
JkMount /jsp/*.jsp  ajp13

Alias /servlet "/some/path/to/servlet"
<Directory "/some/path/to/servlet">
  Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
  DirectoryIndex  index.html index.htm index.jsp
JkMount /servlet/*  ajp13

** file **:

ALSO: comment out the AddType text/jsp .js and AddHandler jserv-servlet .jsp
directives. The above config passes off anything in the aliased directories
to the ajp13 connector, and anything else gets served by apache.

John Turner