tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bing Zhang <BZh...@7thonline.com>
Subject RE: A performance issue about Apache/Tomcat on NT.
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2002 22:41:30 GMT
Dave:

	Thanks for your reply.  I would try to find out with your
suggestion.
	Now, questions about the suggestion:

	what do all these statistics mean on NT server ?
	And how would I tell that there is a memory leak by tracing them  ?

	Bing

-----Original Message-----
From: David Boyer [mailto:David@bvu.edu]
Sent: Friday, June 14, 2002 11:57 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: A performance issue about Apache/Tomcat on NT.

If you suspect a memory leak, you can us perfmon to monitor specific
processes.

Select "process" as the performance object, then monitor the Pool Paged
Bytes and Pool Non-paged Bytes of the suspected processes.

>>> BZhang@7thonline.com 06/14/02 10:46AM >>>
Hi all:

	I'm new to this email list, and my question may appear old or
innocent to you.  Anyway, here is my question.

	I have an envoronment with Apache 1.2/Tomcat 3.1 running on
NT4.0
servers.  Yes, it's kinda old.  The behavior is after the web/app
servers
were on for a period of time, let's say, 20 days,  it's getting
slower.
And now,  the time for it's getting slower becomes shorter, it's like
3
days.

	I don't know if it's something special for Apache/Tomcat on NT
server box or it even happens on Unix flavors.   Is it due to memory
leak,
or some other problems/bugs of Apache/Tomcat, JVM , NT ??   I need
help.

	I hope someone can point out to me where the problem(s) is, and
what's the best solution.   Maybe all the related bugs have been fixed
in
more recent releases of Tomcat/Apache/NT SPs ??

	Any info would be helpful.  Thanks.

	Bing