tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Noyce, Ben W." <bno...@petroleumplace.com>
Subject Apache 1.3, Tomcat 3.2.3 SSL woes
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 16:23:29 GMT
Greetings everyone,

We are running into some interesting scenarios with Apache 1.3, Tomcat 3.2.3, and SSL.  Hoping
for some insight, we turn to you...

Setting:
We are running Apache 1.3 with mod_ssl on top of Linux Red Hat 7.+.  Tomcat 3.2.3 is configured
without SSL support.  Our mod_jk.so has been compiled without EAPI.

Problem:
Intermittently during an Internet Explorer session, an SSL request will return a 'Page not
found' error.  During a Netscape session, some SSL form posts will result in the printing
of an HTTP header on the web page along with Hex displaced at certain points within the page.

Question:
What the heck is happening here?  Everything was extremely happy until the implementation
of SSL.  Since however, SSL requests randomly get dropped or garbled - leading us to believe
that this is a server configuration issue.  Are we correct in this belief?  Anywhere that
we can turn?  Any ideas?

Humbly yours,

BWN