tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Noyce, Ben W." <>
Subject Apache 1.3, Tomcat 3.2.3 SSL woes
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 16:23:29 GMT
Greetings everyone,

We are running into some interesting scenarios with Apache 1.3, Tomcat 3.2.3, and SSL.  Hoping
for some insight, we turn to you...

We are running Apache 1.3 with mod_ssl on top of Linux Red Hat 7.+.  Tomcat 3.2.3 is configured
without SSL support.  Our has been compiled without EAPI.

Intermittently during an Internet Explorer session, an SSL request will return a 'Page not
found' error.  During a Netscape session, some SSL form posts will result in the printing
of an HTTP header on the web page along with Hex displaced at certain points within the page.

What the heck is happening here?  Everything was extremely happy until the implementation
of SSL.  Since however, SSL requests randomly get dropped or garbled - leading us to believe
that this is a server configuration issue.  Are we correct in this belief?  Anywhere that
we can turn?  Any ideas?

Humbly yours,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>