tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Roger Maltby <RMal...@realm.com>
Subject RE: JDBC Error
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2002 14:33:09 GMT

Ralph,

I am using a connection pool manager from BitMechanics ( www.bitmechanic.com
).  The sequence if my handleRequest( .. ) is to call the connection pool
manager to get a connection, run the processQuery ( .. ), and then finally
issue close().

Sound right?  Do you have a connection manager that you would recommend?

Thanks
Roger

-----Original Message-----
From: Ralph Einfeldt [mailto:ralph.einfeldt@uptime-isc.de]
Sent: June 28, 2002 10:20 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: AW: JDBC Error

It depend on how you use your connection.

If you open it and hope that sending any command to the
connection might reopen it if it's closed, that won't
work.

It's in general not a recommended solution to keep
connections open for the lifetime of a session.

You should get/release the connection with every request.
To avoid performance penalties you should use a connection
pool.