tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Les Hughes <leslie.hug...@rubus.com>
Subject RE: javax.naming.NamingException: Cannot create resource instance
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2002 10:24:33 GMT

Yet more digging about in CVS.... Perhaps one of the TC devs can confirm
this but it seems that org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory.java
prior to V1.6 used to drop any jarfiles that contain classes from (amongst
others) javax.sql.* This means that if your version of TC has this code,
your classes12.zip (which has javax.sql) will not be loaded at all.

So, I suggest, for JDK1.4, you either (a) upgrade to a recent version of
TC4.0 or TC4.1 (not too sure which versio of TC has ClassLoaderFactory.java
> 1.6) or (b) unjar classes12.zip and remove the javax.sql stuff, re-jar and
try again.

As I said, this is all supposition - perhaps a developer with a bit more
knowledge of the codebase could confirm?

es