tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Need help with Tomcat on Apache on Windows 2000
Date Sat, 29 Jun 2002 16:31:19 GMT
No need to use the debug version unless you plan on actually debugging it
in Visual Studio or something.

Here's my include statement:

Include "C:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Jakarta/tomcat-4.1.3/conf/jk/mod_jk.conf"

You can autogenerate the mod_jk.conf file by doing the following in your
server.xml:

Put the following right after the <Server...> element and change the paths
for your system:

<Listener className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.ApacheConfig"
             modJk="c:/Progra~1/Apache~1/Apache2/modules/mod_jk.dll"
             jkDebug="info"
             workersConfig="c:/Progra~1/Apache~1/Jakarta/tomcat-4.1.3/conf/jk/workers.properties"
             jkLog="c:/Progra~1/Apache~1/Jakarta/tomcat-4.1.3/logs/mod_jk.log"
/>

Put the following right after any and all <Host...> elements you have:

<Listener className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.ApacheConfig"
             append="true"
             forwardAll="false" />

This will output a mod_jk.conf in the CATALINA_HOME/conf/auto directory.

After this is done, I suggest commenting out the stuff you added to
server.xml and copying the conf/auto/mod_jk.conf to
conf/jk/mod_jk.conf.  This makes it so if you want to tweak your
mod_jk.conf, you can do that without worrying about it being overwritten.

Now you just have to worry about the workers.properties.  I'm attaching
mine for your convenience.  I'll also attach a copy of the auto-generated
mod_jk.conf.

If you have everything under the "localhost" <Host> and notice that you
can't hit hit your app at any address but http://localhost/mywebapp, remove
the following from mod_jk.conf:

<VirtualHost localhost>
     ServerName localhost

Or, just make sure to set your app up under the proper host in
server.xml.  Either way will work.

Also, in addition to the somewhat messy setup of the mod_jk.conf that you
see autogenerated for most of your contexts, you can also configure it
simply like this:

JkMount /myapp  ajp13
JkMount /myapp/*  ajp13

That negates the need for all that extra Alias, <Directory>, and <Location>
stuff since all it does is tell Apache to forward everthing to Tomcat.  The
disadvantage of this clean setup is that Apache will no longer serve up
static files which would take some of the burden off Tomcat.

Anyway, that's it.  Attached are my example files.

Jake