tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Seth Brahler <sp...@cornell.edu>
Subject RE: can jsp's import text?
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2002 13:34:48 GMT
Eric,

Correct. I did it this way. I'm just having problems parsing now.

<%
String url="http://www.yahoo.com";
URL urlObject = new URL(url);
URLConnection conn = urlObject.openConnection();
BufferedReader fromServer = new BufferedReader(new
InputStreamReader(conn.getInputStream()));
String webPage = "";
for (String line = null; (line = fromServer.readLine()) != null;)
{   webPage = webPage + line + "\n";}
%>

At 04:30 PM 6/27/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>At 03:01 PM 6/27/2002, you wrote:
>
>>Use the <jsp:include page="yoururl.html"/> tag.
>>This just drags the text into the page as is.
>>If you want to parse it in the page, I think this might work:
>>
>><%
>>         String extContent = "<jsp:include page="yourpage.whatever"/>";
>>         // now do stuff with extContent
>>%>
>>
>>cheers
>>Rory
>
>No, I'm pretty sure the above won't work - you can't use a jsp tag inside
>of a scriptlet.
>
>Seth, are you asking about parsing the content of an included page that is
>part of the application (ie on the same server, within the same context),
>or are you talking about accessing a remote page via http?
>
>Either way its possible, but you'll have to write some code to do it.  But
>then, you have to write code anyway since you want to parse the returned
>text, right?
>
>Eric Everman

Seth Brahler

HR Information Systems