tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Eric Everman <ever...@precedadesign.com>
Subject RE: can jsp's import text?
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2002 21:30:32 GMT
At 03:01 PM 6/27/2002, you wrote:

>Use the <jsp:include page="yoururl.html"/> tag.
>This just drags the text into the page as is.
>If you want to parse it in the page, I think this might work:
>
><%
>         String extContent = "<jsp:include page="yourpage.whatever"/>";
>         // now do stuff with extContent
>%>
>
>cheers
>Rory

No, I'm pretty sure the above won't work - you can't use a jsp tag inside
of a scriptlet.

Seth, are you asking about parsing the content of an included page that is
part of the application (ie on the same server, within the same context),
or are you talking about accessing a remote page via http?

Either way its possible, but you'll have to write some code to do it.  But
then, you have to write code anyway since you want to parse the returned
text, right?

Eric Everman