tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: mime-type setting
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2002 03:32:08 GMT
No,

I was suggesting that you use the Tomcat 4 web.xml as an example of how to
set a mime-type in your own app's web.xml.

Here is a sample mime-mapping that you can put near the bottom of your own
web.xml in [myapp]/WEB-INF:

<mime-mapping>
         <extension>css</extension>
         <mime-type>text/css</mime-type>
</mime-mapping>

I actually have to set that in my web.xml when my app runs under
Tomcat-3.3.x because it returns .css files in text/plain which makes it so
that Mozilla, in strict parsing mode, ignores the css.  Adding the
<mime-mapping> to my own app's web.xml fixes it.

Jake