tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Connection pooling doesn't work for me ... Help !!
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2002 06:08:19 GMT
The definitive solution has been provided by Leslie Hughes
<leslie.hughes@rubus.com> here:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=102225547106556&w=2

That is for the following configuration:

Tomcat      4.0.3 LE JDK 1.4 Build
mySQL      4.0.1 alpha
mm.mysql 2.0.14

Jakarta-Commons projects
DBCP     Nightly Build 20020523 (Note:  I'd grab the latest 4.1.3 beta
stuff rather than the nightly here)
collections 2.0
pool           1.0

Install instructions and configuration is provided.

Just to note, I've been using this for Oracle8i with classes12.jar in
TOMCAT_HOME/common/lib and Tomcat 4.1.3 with the configuration described in
the link above and everything works just peachy.  In addition, I provided a
snippet of code that I use to access the DataSource here:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=102230398708809&w=2

Really, truly, this works.  No need for fancy workarounds like
ConnectionPoolDataSource or directly using Oracle's connecion pool.  Just
note that the configuration provided may differ slightly from the docs.  An
example is the docs refer to the "user" parameter.  Leslie used "username"
and that works.

So, please, do yourselves a favor and ignore the docs for a bit on this
one.  Copy the configuration line for line that Leslie has provided.  Then,
of course, change the values to match your setup.  I *guarantee* this works
and it is the standard way it is supposed to be done.  Maybe this
DataSource thread can finally be put to rest?

Jake