tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chris Faulkner <christopher.faulk...@ntlworld.com>
Subject Re: R: JDBC Connection
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2002 16:07:18 GMT
Its not that it doesn't accept ZIP files, just that it doesn't look for them by default. The
reason that Tomcat doesn't pick up anything other than jars is that it loops all *.jar files
in its lib directory and adds
them to the CLASSPATH before starting java.

I needed to get a zip file onto the classpath so I edited the startup script so that it also
looped .zip files. It worked fine.

Chris Faulkner