tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Sankaranarayanan (Ganesh) Ganapathy" <sganapa...@vitria.com>
Subject ATTN IIS-Tomcat redirector developers - I am stuck with this for over a week now - PL HELP
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 17:02:18 GMT
Getting the manager app to work with tomcat 4.0.3 and IIS 5.0

Hi All,

I have setup IIS5.0 and tomcat4.0.3 successfully on Win2k professional - can get to the example
webapps.

But when I try to access the manager app I get the message - Access to the specified resource
is denied. The tomcat does seem to be throw the challenge response box in this case.

The instructions everywhere deals only with the simplest case - setting up examples web app
- doesnt seem to explain how to set up an app that requires basic authentication such as the
manager application that is bundled with tomcat - so I am not sure if this works

The jakarta virtual directory has read and execute premission and the anonymous acces is enabled.

What should I do to get this working

Thanx
Ganesh