tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Steven Sporen" <steven.spo...@exordia.co.za>
Subject RE: using tomcat with IIS
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 07:33:23 GMT
Hi,

Apparently the answer to this is to install an ISAPI filter into IIS
which routes the requests through to Tomcat on port 8080.

Sounds like a hack to me, the .jsp compiler should to flexible enough to
be compiled on win32 as an ISAPI filter then it would function the same
as any other plug-in for IIS.

If you're really planning on running Tomcat in a production environment
I would consider putting down a *nix box - along the lines of what
tomcat is developed on.

Regards.
-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Allen [mailto:mallen@idtdna.com]
Sent: 05 June 2002 10:28
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: using tomcat with IIS

Gentlefolk,

I am sure this has been asked a million times, but...

I am trying to run IIS together with tomcat, and get IIS to forward .jsp
and servlet requests to tomcat.  I can get tomcat running, so that
http://localhost:8080/index.html works correctly; but I don't think that
means that IIS is forwarding, does it?  I am also having trouble
figuring out where to be servlets and whatnot once IIS *does* start
forwarding (this is surely related to my question...).  Can anyone help
me and/or point me to a clear set of instructions?

Thanks,
Michael

Michael E. Allen, Ph.D.                         (847)965-2932
Senior Research Scientist                 mallen@idtdna.com
Compuational Research Group
Integrated DNA Technologies
Suite 700