tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Donie Kelly <donie.ke...@tecnomen.ie>
Subject RE: Parameters for virtual servers in server.xml? Is it possible?
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2002 09:54:43 GMT
That will return the same information across all virtual servers. I want to
be able to set the parameter for each host element in server.xml

Donie

-----Original Message-----
From: August Detlefsen [mailto:augustd123@yahoo.com]
Sent: 18 June 2002 18:54
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Parameters for virtual servers in server.xml? Is it
possible?

You can put parameters such as this in web.xml for each webapp:

    <context-param>
      <param-name>serviceProvider</param-name>
      <param-value>service1</param-value>
      <description>This is the description</description>
    </context-param>

Then you can get them in your servlet using:

    application.getInitParameter("serviceProvider");
    //application is your javax.servlet.ServletContext