tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Donie Kelly <donie.ke...@tecnomen.ie>
Subject RE: Configuring SSL for Tomcat 4.0
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 12:11:26 GMT
Well done...

Donie

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	phani [mailto:phani@vqindia.com]
Sent:	17 June 2002 12:54
To:	Tomcat Users List
Subject:	Re: Configuring SSL for Tomcat 4.0

Hi Donie,
 I got it...
The error is i have to set JSSE_HOME environmet variable
Now it is working.

Thanks for the help Donie,
Thanks you all
phani
----- Original Message -----
From: Donie Kelly <donie.kelly@tecnomen.ie>
To: 'Tomcat Users List' <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2002 4:48 PM
Subject: RE: Configuring SSL for Tomcat 4.0

> Hi phani
>
> You need to sort out the parse exception befor you can continue..
> Donie

keystoreFile="C:\windows\"

connectionURL="jdbc:oracle:thin:@ntserver:1521:ORCL?user=scott;password=tige
> > r"
> >               userTable="users" userNameCol="user_name"
> > userCredCol="user_pass"
> >           userRoleTable="user_roles" roleNameCol="role_name" />
> >       -->
> >
> >       <!--
> >       <Realm  className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="99"
> >              driverName="sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"
> >           connectionURL="jdbc:odbc:CATALINA"
> >               userTable="users" userNameCol="user_name"
> > userCredCol="user_pass"
> >           userRoleTable="user_roles" roleNameCol="role_name" />
> >       -->
> >
> >       <!-- Define the default virtual host -->
> >       <Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="webapps"
> unpackWARs="true">
> >
> >         <!-- Normally, users must authenticate themselves to each web
app
> >              individually.  Uncomment the following entry if you would
> like
> >              a user to be authenticated the first time they encounter a
> >              resource protected by a security constraint, and then have
> that
> >              user identity maintained across *all* web applications
> > contained
> >              in this virtual host. -->
> >         <!--
> >         <Valve
className="org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn"
> >                    debug="0"/>
> >         -->
> >
> >         <!-- Access log processes all requests for this virtual host.
By
> [...]
> >
> >         <!-- Tomcat Root Context -->
> >         <!--
> >           <Context path="" docBase="ROOT" debug="0"/>
> >         -->
> >
> >         <!-- Tomcat Examples Context -->
> >         <Context path="/examples" docBase="examples" debug="0"
> >                  reloadable="true">
> >           <Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"
> >                      prefix="localhost_examples_log." suffix=".txt"
> >            timestamp="true"/>
> >           <Ejb   name="ejb/EmplRecord" type="Entity"
> >                  home="com.wombat.empl.EmployeeRecordHome"
> >                remote="com.wombat.empl.EmployeeRecord"/>
> >           <!-- PersistentManager: Uncomment the section below to test
> > Persistent
> >          Sessions.
> >
> >                saveOnRestart: If true, all active sessions will be saved
> >                  to the Store when Catalina is shutdown, regardless of
> >                  other settings. All Sessions found in the Store will be
> >                  loaded on startup. Sessions past their expiration are
> >                  ignored in both cases.
> >                maxActiveSessions: If 0 or greater, having too many
active
> >                  sessions will result in some being swapped out.
> minIdleSwap
> >                  limits this. -1 means unlimited sessions are allowed.
> >                  0 means sessions will almost always be swapped out
after
> >                  use - this will be noticeably slow for your users.
> >                minIdleSwap: Sessions must be idle for at least this long
> >                  (in seconds) before they will be swapped out due to
> >                maxActiveSessions. This avoids thrashing when the site is
> >                  highly active. -1 or 0 means there is no minimum -
> sessions
> >                  can be swapped out at any time.
> >                maxIdleSwap: Sessions will be swapped out if idle for
this
> >                  long (in seconds). If minIdleSwap is higher, then it
will
> >                  override this. This isn't exact: it is checked
> > periodically.
> >                  -1 means sessions won't be swapped out for this reason,
> >                  although they may be swapped out for maxActiveSessions.
> >                  If set to >= 0, guarantees that all sessions found in
the
> >                  Store will be loaded on startup.
> >                maxIdleBackup: Sessions will be backed up (saved to the
> > Store,
> >                  but left in active memory) if idle for this long (in
> > seconds),
> >                  and all sessions found in the Store will be loaded on
> > startup.
> >                  If set to -1 sessions will not be backed up, 0 means
they
> >                  should be backed up shortly after being used.
> >
> >                To clear sessions from the Store, set maxActiveSessions,
> > maxIdleSwap,
> >                and minIdleBackup all to -1, saveOnRestart to false, then
> > restart
> >                Catalina.
> >           -->
> >     <!--
> >           <Manager
> className="org.apache.catalina.session.PersistentManager"
className="org.apache.catalina.session.FileStore"/>
> >           </Manager>
> >     -->
> >           <Environment name="maxExemptions" type="java.lang.Integer"
> >                       value="15"/>
> >           <Parameter name="context.param.name"
value="context.param.value"
> >                      override="false"/>
> >           <Resource name="jdbc/EmployeeAppDb" auth="SERVLET"
> >                     type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
> >           <ResourceParams name="jdbc/TestDB">
> >           </ResourceParams>
> >           <Resource name="mail/Session" auth="Container"
> >                     type="javax.mail.Session"/>
> >           <ResourceParams name="mail/session">
> >             <parameter>
> >               <name>mail.smtp.host</name>
> >               <value>192.168.1.91</value>
> >             </parameter>
> >           </ResourceParams>
> >         </Context>
> >
> >       </Host>
> >
> >     </Engine>
> >
> >   </Service>
> >
> >   <!-- The MOD_WEBAPP connector is used to connect Apache 1.3 with
Tomcat
> > 4.0
> >        as its servlet container. Please read the README.txt file coming
> with
> >        the WebApp Module distribution on how to build it.
> >        (Or check out the "jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp" CVS
> repository)
> >
> >        To configure the Apache side, you must ensure that you have the
> >        "ServerName" and "Port" directives defined in "httpd.conf".
Then,

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/ssl-howto.html#Edit%20the%20