tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Donie Kelly <donie.ke...@tecnomen.ie>
Subject RE: Configuring SSL for Tomcat 4.0
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 11:18:02 GMT
Hi phani

You need to sort out the parse exception befor you can continue..
Donie

-----Original Message-----
From: phani [mailto:phani@vqindia.com]
Sent: June 17, 2002 12:13
To: tomcat-user
Subject: Re: Configuring SSL for Tomcat 4.0

Hi Donie,

I removed the comments for context..... but still no luck

The parser crimson,jaxp,jar files are in common\lib directory..

As i said i followed these steps as per the doc

created a certificate using the bellow command

c:\keytool -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA

and i gave the password  changeit  .The certificate is generated on my user
home dir c:\windows

Now i removed the comments for Connector in server.xml and added the
attributes to Factory keystoreFile and keystorePass

               enableLookups="true"
        acceptCount="10" debug="0" scheme="https" secure="true">
      <Factory className="org.apache.catalina.net.SSLServerSocketFactory"
               clientAuth="false" protocol="TLS" keystoreFile="C:\windows\"
keystorePass="changeit"/>
    </Connector>

    and i removed the comments for context.

The tomcat is throwing some xml parsing exception...

I think due to adding keystoreFile and keystorePass attributes it is
throwing exceptions...........

Thanks for the help
phani