tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Donie Kelly <donie.ke...@tecnomen.ie>
Subject RE: Configuring SSL for Tomcat 4.0
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 10:09:37 GMT
Was the splash page working before you added the SSL stuff? If it was I'm
not sure what the problem is. Comment out the SLL stuff and see if it works.

Can "localhost" be resolved on windows? Try it in a command window first.
Check the logs in %TOMCAT_HOME%/logs. Delete the log before you start and
have a look after the request is complete. It may shed some light.

Donie

-----Original Message-----
From: phani [mailto:phani@vqindia.com]
Sent: June 17, 2002 11:07
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Configureing SSL for Tomcat 4.0

Hi Donie,

 Thanks for the help.

I changed the Factory attributes.
 keystoreFile="C:\windows"
 keystorePass="changeit"

Now i am able to run the tomcat.

But when i try to acces the home page https://localhost:8443/
i am getting page cannot be displayed
when i try to acces through id https://192.168.1.110:8443/
i am getting a blank page.... nothing is displayed.

As per the bellow doc it is saying that try: https://localhost:8443
and you should see the usual Tomcat splash page (unless you have modified
the ROOT web application)

doc: url
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/ssl-howto.html#Edit%20the%20
Tomcat%20Configuration%20File

What is the problem?... the tomcat is running fine and no error are
displayed

Thanks for the help in advace.

phani