tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Atif Munir <ati...@webcarriers.com>
Subject Re: Environment Variables !!
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2002 08:18:57 GMT
Hello Umair,
Plz follow the instructions below ...I am sure can will do it.

Installation of Tomcat:
1-
Download JDK(SDK) For Linux  from the site
http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.2/download.html
2-tar -xzvf jdk-1_2_2_012-linux-i386\[1\].tar.gz
3-Most Important thing is to set the JAVA_HOME env variable, Set it by the
command
export JAVA_HOME=/home/munir/jdk/jdk1.2.2

Now second thing is to install Tomcat:
1-First download it from the site
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0.4/bin/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4.tar.gz

2-tar -xzvf jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4.tar.gz
3-cd jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4
4-cd bin
5-./startup.sh
Test:
http://localhost:8080
If Tomcat default page with logo is there then its up, You may enjoy.

Allah hafiz

--
M.Atif Munir
Unix System Administrator