tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Martin Jacobson <marti...@libero.it>
Subject Re: TC 4.1.3 ExptyStackException
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2002 08:05:45 GMT
Martin Jacobson wrote:

> Remy Maucherat wrote:
>
>> Martin Jacobson wrote:
>>

>>> My logs give me the same errors as previously posted - does anyone
>>> have a working Coyote https connector - maybe there are undocumented
>>> parameters I don't know about?
>>

>> With JDK 1.3, this works for me:
>> - create a key with the default password (changeit) with keytool (see
>> SSL Howto)
>> - uncomment the SSL connector in server.xml
>> - put the 3 SSL JARs in common/lib
>> - start Tomcat, and use the browser with SSL
>>
>> Remy
>

> Another thought - I have the connectors configured to bind to ports
> 80/443, instead of 8080/8443 - this is perfectly normal, no? Oh, and
> this is standalone Tomcat, of course!

Remy,

I'm sure you're a busy guy, but I'd really appreciate an assist here; I
moved to TC4.1 in order to have a working implementation of a JNDI
DataSource, but in the process I have lost a working SSL implementation,
which is *vital* for my application (this is medical data, and I need to
demonstrate to the Authorities that the system is reasonably secure).

If there's a problem with TC4.1 (I know it's alpha), would you suggest
that I retro-grade to TC 4.0 ? I have an alternative (working!)
connection-pooling setup that I could use, so it's not a total disaster
for me.

Help, suggestions, always welcome!

Thanks,
Martin