tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Eddie Bush <ekb...@swbell.net>
Subject Re: Web-application not yet deployed
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2002 15:21:32 GMT
In a given virtual host (in my httpd.conf), I have two lines per application
that I wish to deploy on that virtual host.  They are:

WebAppConnection connName warp host:port
WebAppDeploy "relative/path/to/app/from/webapps" connName "/deploy-path/here"

In the example above, port is the port on which you have your connector
configured to listen on.  I believe the default is 8008, though that shouldn't
make any difference.  The thing that seems to count is that Apache knows which
port your connector is listening on so it can forward it correctly.

In your case - for the '/examples' path, I would try something along the lines
of:

WebAppConnection connExamples warp host:port
WebAppDelploy "examples" connExamples "/examples"

Having run Tomcat for a while, you're probably already aware, but, in order to
actually get access to your application, you'll have to do the following:

1) Stop httpd
2) Restart Tomcat
3) Start httpd

That generally does it for me.  The difficult thing was figuring out the 1-3
steps mentioned above.  Again - I never used the 3.x servers, so you may already
be familiar with that.

I _just_ upgraded to 4.0.3 and things seem to work the same as 4.0.1 (only it
seems noticibly faster), so I really can't think of any reason you'd have
issues.  If you do, feel free to post them.  I honestly doubt I can help you
past this point, but let nobody say I won't try =)

HTH!

Eddie