tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Eddie Bush <ekb...@swbell.net>
Subject Re: Authentication
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2002 14:54:00 GMT
I, personally, am quite stumped.  I'm not sure what you mean when you say
"greater detail of values allowed".  I am going to guess (as dangerous as that
may be =) that what you're speaking about is easier user administration.  If that
assumption is correct, I suggest you take a look at the JDBCRealm or JNDIRealm
implementations.  You can add users to them "on-the-fly" and they will have
immediate access.  Note that this is used in combination with a given login
method - and should work equally well no matter which you choose: BASIC or FORM
(those are the main two in use because [as I understand it] they are the main two
that are supported by 'current' web browsers).

HTH,

Eddie