tomcat-users mailing list archives

From m..@VegInfo.com
Subject Re: Book recommendation (Summary)
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 18:37:19 GMT
Summary of all book recommendations received so far. Thanks to all
folks who replied to me on and off the list!

mls@veginfo.com wrote:
> Any recommendation for a good book that covers Tomcat and other
> related open source technologies? More from an application
> developers point of view... [SNIP]
> Some books that came up on Internet search were...

> 1) MySQL and JSP Web Applications: Data-Driven Programming
>         Using Tomcat and MySQL By James Turner

No comments received.

-----------
> Any other ones out there and which one would you recommend?

- Java Tools for Extreme Programming: Mastering Open Source Tools
  Including Ant, JUnit, and Cactus by Richard Hightower,
  Nicholas Lesiecki

- Core Servlets and Java Server Pages by Marty Hall

Subir Sengupta wrote:
> I would highly recommend 'More Servlets and Java Server Pages'
> by Marty Hall

> Charles Baker wrote:
- Core J2EE Patterns
- O'Reilly EJB book (latest edition)
- EJB Design Patterns
- previews of the Struts book ( http://www.theserverside.com/ )

Carl Bacher wrote:
> Developer's Guide to Tomcat 4 by Alex Garrett & Jeff Kean
> It's due out in October.

das