tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat 4 performance issues - Trying Tomcat 4.1.3 Beta
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 16:48:10 GMT
Victor Popiol wrote:
> My initial suspition was Jasper. But there have been less and less JSP compilations after
the site was deployed.

> One thing I wanted to try, to rule out Jasper, was to precompile all the JSP's. But I
can't figure out how to do that. I guess I'll have to write an ant build file using the jsp
compilation task.

> Also, is there a way to query tomcat for resources held? I.E. JDBC connections.
>
> Could there be something in our code causing these leaks in a way that the container
would run out of memory? We have tried the application on JRun 4 in our test lab and have
not been able to run out of memory yet.

The problem may be the new Jasper runtime environment, so precompiling
shouldn't help too much (although it can't hurt).

Remy