tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ben Walding <>
Subject Re: AW: AW: set content type to text/pdf
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 13:32:20 GMT
Digging back into the dark cavern that is "trying to get IE to work with
a spec complying application"

(from which I have emerged and no longer care about)...

I believe you might be able to go....

This may confuse IE into giving you what it should have given you in the
first place.

I also vaguely recall that IE is VERY particular about the headers that
you send...  the following are headers that I sent out of an app I was
using with PDF.  Worth trying, but not worth relying on!

            "application/pdf; name=" + (char) 34 + outfilename + (char) 34);
            "inline; filename=" + (char) 34 + outfilename + (char) 34);

(Don't question the use of (char) 34, I borrowed it from elsewhere
without thinking!)

Now when someone can explain why IE displays PNG with a different color
than what they really are (no alpha channels or anything silly like
that), then I'll be happy. Well... no I won't, but I might be bemused!

Constantin Wolber wrote:

>Freitag, 21. Juni 2002 11:10 schrieb Alex:
>>      Tiparire.class is not part of any package.
>>      Tomcat starts ok, but, when i'm trying to access the location
>>      "servlet/Tiparire.pdf", it says:
>cause your using a servlet Mapping and your servlet is in the ROOT
>Context you have to leave the servlet in servlet/Tiparire.pdf away
>You should reach your servlet by connecting to this URL
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
>For additional commands, e-mail: <>

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>