tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Martin Jacobson <marti...@libero.it>
Subject Re: AW: Connection pooling doesn't work for me ... Help !!
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2002 11:10:54 GMT
I have solved the problem - I now (finally) get a connection!

I don't know which version of commons.dbcp.jar was supplied with Tomcat
4.1.3, but I replaced it with the latest I could find - it claimed to
have better checks in it. This is true! It told me that it nothing was
supplied for the 'username' parameter - also true, as I had supplied a
parameter called 'user'; when I changed this to 'username', the thing
just worked!

I'll re-iterate what I said in my previous post: the Tomcat developers
may consider that since <server.xml> is a moving target, defining a DTD
for it is inappropriate, but since it seems that my problems (and many
others') are largely caused by unchecked errors in the XML, validation
of server.xml against a DTD would avoid a LOT of traffic on this list!

best wishes, and thanks to those who helped!

Martin