tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jean-Luc BEAUDET <beau...@toolchest.cyber.kodak.com>
Subject Re: JDBC Connection
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2002 11:07:14 GMT
Juan a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to connecting with MySQL, but I'm getting the following error:
>  >> javax.servlet.ServletException: No suitable driver

First of all start with the first pb. The No suitable driver means that the driver yu're
actually using, is not the proper driver yu are calling in yur code...
If yu use MySQL, then the good driver is: mm.mysql-2.0.4-bin.jar ( i use this one for many
month on SOLARIS )

> at
> org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:457)
> at org.apache.jsp.index$jsp._jspService(index$jsp.java:805)
>
> The JDBC driver is at the classpath, and I'm able to connect using a
> standard Java application. But with Tomcat I'm getting an error.

Maybe. Remember that with Tomcat, The CLASSPATH doesn't care unless specified in the
setclasspath.sh, the only script to be modified if yu do want to setup yur classpath !
I use another method: i put the mm.mysql-2.0.4-bin.jar file in /Dir_To_Tomcat/lib; so that
the mysql driver is available for all levels. But remember to NOT DUPLICATE jar files or
class files in yur web applications.
That is, if yu declare mm.mysql-2.0.4-bin.jar into Tomcat_Server/lib, don't declare it
back in your web applications ( commonly ./WEB-INF/lib or ./WEB-INF/classes ).

> Am I missing anything?
>
> Thanks in advance,

HTH :O)

Jean-Luc