tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ray Letts <rle...@etc.bc.ca>
Subject is there only static objects in Tomcat?
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2002 22:00:23 GMT

I read a previous thread where someone stated that: "you know that
Tomcat creates all objects as static?"

So then, if user A contacts a servlet via Tomcat that creates a person
object and stuffs some personal info in it

and user B later contacts the same servlet via Tomcat that creates a
person object and stuffs some personal info in it

that the person object is only created ONCE
and
that the personal info from user A is overwritten by user B's request?

that is my understanding of STATIC. Is this how Tomcat implements object
creation? I guess it makes sense in the stateless web ....

thanks in advance

Ray