tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rong Li <...@concerto.com>
Subject Re: Urgent: JSP is not running on Internet!!!
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2002 20:40:35 GMT
I don't think I am using virtual hosting feature, or am I? Anyway, here
is the more detailed info.

They are the same server. "xx.xx.xx.xx" is the public IP of that server.
The strange thing is that I can run the JSPs from any machine inside our
intranet by typing http://ms1/Chat/ChatRequest.jsp. (ms1 is the machine
name). If I change the url to http://xx.xx.xx.xx/Chat/ChatRequest.jsp, I
cannot execute the jsp page on any machine, not even on the local
machine ms1.
The source will always be fetched and shown on web browser.

Thanks,
Rong

Turner, John wrote:

>When you say "run jsps from intranet", do you mean the same server as
>the
>"xx.xx.xx.xx" in your example, or separate servers?
>
>It looks like your production server doesn't know that *.jsp is to be
>redirected to tomcat and is serving it with the default MIME type of
>text/html.
>
>If all of the servers in your example are the same machine, make sure
>your
>virtual hosting configuration for "xx.xx.xx.xx" has the correct mapping
>for
>*.jps.  If they are separate servers, it looks like your production
>server
>doesn't have a connector installed or configured correctly if it is
>installed.
>
>John Turner
>jturner@aas.com
>http://www.aas.com