tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Richard Plukker <rich...@bowtie.nl>
Subject Re: Tomcat 4 & JNDI
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2002 08:23:07 GMT
giluka wrote:

>I've tried that but it does not still works ...
>It is correct to put jndi.properties (with information that point to my ejb
>server) file in my classpath ?

You should try to start tomcat with a

# java -Djava.naming.factory.initial=com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory \
      -Djava.naming.provider.url=ldap://localhost:389/o=jnditutorial \
      List
# java -Djava.naming.factory.initial=com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory \
      -Djava.naming.provider.url=file:/tmp \
      List

You should take a look at the jndi
tutorial:http://java.sun.com/products/jndi/tutorial/beyond/env/source.html