tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Eric Armstrong <eric.armstr...@sun.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 4.0 Manager Install -- Brittle??
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2002 01:18:57 GMT
Yes, validation may have been one issue. Although I made
no substantive changes of which I was aware, it was one of
the ways I could cause the install to hang, and crash tomcat
in the process.

However, the install task hung and crashed tomcat in two
other ways, as well:
   a) An exception was thrown when a file was not found
       as the servlet was inititializing.
   b) An XML parsing exception was thrown when the
       XML data file turned out to be ill-formed.
---------------
I had this:
<!DOCTYPE name>
 <!ELEMENT ...>