tomcat-users mailing list archives

From peter lin <>
Subject Re: Tomcat and an xml file for repository of texts
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 12:16:10 GMT

that would depend on how it's going to be used. If you're talking about
a content management system which has multi-lingual support, you're not
going to need super fast response time. On the otherhand, if it's a
portal like site which support multiple languages, then you're better
off using bundles to grab the text in some generic/standardize format.

S├ębastien Dui wrote:
>     Hi,
>     I'm actually developping a web application for the european market,
> translated in a couple of different languages. In order to allow the
> translators and content writers access the designers layouts without
> modifying it, I'm thinking about making an xml file acting as a repository
> of all the different texts included in the pages.
>     I'm going to generate the xml page using a database, so I could allow a
> default language text to be set for those not translated yet.
> Does anybody tried a solution like this before ? Do you think I will
> encounter performances' problems ?
> Any advice would be more than welcome,
> Regards,
> S├ębastien Dui