tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Cassidy <dcass...@nisports.com>
Subject Re: How good is Tomcat to Attacks
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 10:31:00 GMT
it's really one of those 'what type of attack' questions.

Tomcat / Apache / IIS / IPlanet / etc
are all open to attack ( some -IIS- more than others :-^)  )

You can for example generate a DOS attack that will take down any/all of
them.

You can try various buffer overflow attacks to take down some
etc
etc...

Of course if **your** code has security issues then there's really
nothing that
any of them can do ....