tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Cassidy <>
Subject Re: How good is Tomcat to Attacks
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 10:31:00 GMT
it's really one of those 'what type of attack' questions.

Tomcat / Apache / IIS / IPlanet / etc
are all open to attack ( some -IIS- more than others :-^)  )

You can for example generate a DOS attack that will take down any/all of

You can try various buffer overflow attacks to take down some

Of course if **your** code has security issues then there's really
nothing that
any of them can do ....

D wrote:

>Hi All
>I was reading the security attack posting and I was very interested to know
>1) How good is Tomcat to attacks?
>2) Is their a web site which rates web servers on how robust a server is to
>3)Is it possible to attack tomcat if you have Apache as the web server on one
>machine and tomcat as the jsp/servlet handler on a separate machine with
>I would be most interested to see how Tomcat weights upto some of its
>commercial counterparts. Is Tomcat any good or should we just use it to test
>our jsp/servlets and so on? thanxs.
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
>For additional commands, e-mail: <>

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>