tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Cassidy <dcass...@nisports.com>
Subject Re: Other question
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 09:32:26 GMT
Laura,

there are at least 2 ways...

have a look in the ps list - there should be mention of a process
running with a
name that includes Tomcat  (?!!!)

The other way - far better as it actually tests that the system is
working ...

use wget or curl - use your fave and make an access to your site...

eg wget http://www.myserver.com/

this will then actually get something from the server...

You could make a page called say testTheServer.jsp which tests that the
database
is running etc. Your script that runs wget / curl can then email /SMS
etc you
if it doesn't get something it's expecting

for example if the words "SYSTEM UP AND OK" don't come out in the output
then you know your system is stuffed ...

Hope this helps