tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Frédéric Laurent ...@opikanoba.org>
Subject Re: AW: no way to avoid log ?
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2002 13:38:21 GMT
Ralph Einfeldt wrote:
> In this case implementing and defining a 'QuietLogger' would help.
> (A logger of your own that just has empty methods)
> This way you wouldn't have to patch tomcat sources.
>
> If this would be enough I'm not shure. Didn't look at the tomcat
> sources and didn't try it on my own.

ok I tried without success :(
In my server.xml, if I set the <Logger> of the <engine> with
<Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.SystemOutLogger" />
all is ok, I've got traces on the console.

Now I create my own class inheriting from SystemOutLogger which is :

public class NoneLogger extends SystemOutLogger {
	public void log(String msg) {
	}
}

I've got at runtime

ServerLifecycleListener: createMBeans: MBeanException
java.lang.Exception: ManagedBean is not found with NoneLogger
at
org.apache.catalina.mbeans.MBeanUtils.createMBean(MBeanUtils.java:475)
at
org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener.createMBeans(ServerLifecycleListener.java:453)

With the SystemOutLogger, I've got no exception !!!
what's wrong ?

--
Frédéric Laurent
http://www.opikanoba.org