tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Denis Haskin <De...@HaskinFerguson.net>
Subject Re: Auto Start Tomcat
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2002 13:32:38 GMT
This is a Linux question, not Tomcat-specific.  Try google and search on "linux startup scripts".
 Looks like Linux (which I don't know) is like Solaris (which I sorta know) in that you probably
want to link your Tomcat
startup scripts into /etc/rc3.d with the right names.

You don't want cron for this.  That runs programs at specific time intervals.

dwh

Wynn Ricks wrote:

> I have heard of it but am new to the Linux world like this is day 5.  say that the box
looses power for some reason will CRON start TomCat when the server is done restarting without
anybody logging into the machine?