tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nic Holbrook <mo...@xmission.com>
Subject Classloader question between tomcat 3.3 and 4.0.3
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2002 04:13:08 GMT
I am deploying several web applications  which access data through the
proxy/facade pattern into EJB's.  Some of this data is shared across
applications.  I have 1 jar file that is shared, and handles some in
memory caching of data, etc.  In tomcat 3.3, I have this jar in the
lib/apps directory, and I don't have to bundle it in any of the
WEB-INF/lib directories.  For some reason, I always get ClassNotFound
Exceptions doing the same thing in 4.0.3.  Tomcat 4.0.3 wants me to have
the jar in every WEB-INF/lib directory.   I have tried dropping it in
common/lib, lib, server/lib, everything.  Is there something I am not
quite understanding here, or does tomcat 4.x.x load classes differently?
 I really wanted to use 4.0.x because my AppResources now is combined
and in the classpath because my 3.3 doesn't find anything in the
WEB-INF/classes directories of my web-apps....

Thanks

Nic Holbrook