tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Frédéric Laurent ...@opikanoba.org>
Subject Re: AccessLogValve setting restriction
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2002 16:44:16 GMT

Craig R. McClanahan wrote:

> If you do not want an access log, simply remove (or comment out) the
> <Valve> entry for AccessLogValve.

argh... it was so simple that I hadn't even think about it...
well, now no log file is created on disk, good news ! but
I still have console messages like
WebappLoader[/examples]: Reloading checks are enabled for this Context
ContextConfig[/examples]: Configured an authenticator for method FORM
StandardManager[/examples]: Seeding random number generator class
java.security.SecureRandom
StandardManager[/examples]: Seeding of random number generator has been
completed
StandardWrapper[/examples:default]: Loading container servlet default
StandardWrapper[/examples:invoker]: Loading container servlet invoker
HostConfig[localhost]: Deploying configuration descriptor admin.xml

this is the bad news...

in the package org.apache.catalina.servlets there is a class named
ManagerServlet in which the javadoc says :

  *     of information that is logged by this servlet.  Default is zero.
  * </ul>

and the code says...

protected int debug = 1;

I bet on a mistake :-)