tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "eric.deandrea" <eric.deand...@inforonics.com>
Subject Problem getting external libraries to load
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2002 16:10:05 GMT
I am running tomcat 3.3 on RedHat Linux 7.1. I have a web application and I
am trying to use the MySQL JDBC Drivers. I have placed the
mm.mysql-2.0.4-bin.jar file in numerous locations, but when I try and load
the driver I get the ClassNotFound Error. I put the jar file in all of the
following locations without success (I tried every combination of the jar
file in all of the locations):

-$TOMCAT_HOME/lib
-$TOMCAT_HOME/lib/apps
-$TOMCAT_HOME/lib/common
-$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/myjspapp/WEB-INF/lib
-I expanded the jar file into $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/myjspapp/WEB-INF/classes
-I edited tomcat.sh and added the jar file to the classpath that tomcat uses
when it starts up.

This is becoming very frustrating and if anyone has a solution I would
greatly appreciate it!